Members of Students’ Council
Representatives for University Students’ Council are voted on by undergraduate students in each constituency listed below.
College of Dentistry (1)
College of Education (1)
College of Kinesiology (1)
College of Medicine (1)
Edwards School of Business (1)
International Students (2)
Western College of Veterinary Medicine (1)
University Students’ Council (USC) meetings are generally every Thursday at 6:00 pm in the Roy Romanow Student Council Chamber during Term 1 and 2. Meetings are open to all undergraduate students except when Council moves in camera to discuss sensitive business. USC welcomes input from the public during meetings, but please be aware that all meetings of the council observe Robert’s Rules of Order.
The University Students’ Council shall be responsible to:
- Pass an annual budget for the University of Saskatchewan Students’ Union.
- Establish standing committees, boards, other committees and commissions from time to time that it considers advisable to make recommendations to the University Students’ Council.
- Establish policies and direction for the University of Saskatchewan Students’ Union in areas affecting student affairs and to give direction to the Executive Committee with respect to same.
- Promote, in cooperation with the Executive, the general welfare of undergraduate students at the University of Saskatchewan.
- Report back, on a regular basis, to the constituency group from which they were elected.
- Have final authority over the interpretation of the USSU Bylaw.