In alignment with the goals, values and guiding principles of the University of Saskatchewan Students’ Union, all landlords and tenants should commit to nurturing safe, positive and inclusive living spaces for all potential tenants and roommates regardless of their individual self-identification (i.e. gender identity or identities, sexual orientation, nationality, religion, ethnicity, creed, etc.)
Warning Signs of Possible Fraud
1. Never send money or money orders to anyone.
2. Unable to perform a credit check on a prospective tenant, i.e., wrong or no social security number.
3. Emails are overly polite, very poorly written or express excessive eagerness to rent without having inspected the property.
4. Tenant does not send funds as promised or delays providing requested information.
5. Email is sent from another country or the tenant claims to live in one country but email is sent from another with inadequate explanation.
6. Beware of comments such as, “I need to hear from you today”, “I am arriving next week and need to establish residency” or any indication of extreme urgency early in your communications.
7. Tenant asks you not to cash a rent or security deposit check, or asks you to purchase items or contract services on his behalf.
8. Finally, never provide your bank account number, bank routing number or other financial or personal information.
To make a change on your completed ad or to delete it from the registry, please contact us during business hours (Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) at 306-966-6962 – or email firstname.lastname@example.org