January 1, 2023
Winter Term U-Pass is active. You will be able to activate your U-Pass on your phone after the start of the term (after 12:00am on January 1st).
January 17, 2023
Last day to apply for Winter Term Opt-Outs. Completed online applications are due no later than 4:30pm.
April 17, 2023
Spring Term U-Pass can be loaded on your phone but can’t be activated until May 1. Spring Term U-Pass allows you to access Saskatoon Transit from May 1 to June 30. You will be required to activate your U-Pass each term.
April 17, 2023
Opt-out applications may be submitted online to the USSU.
April 30, 2023
Winter Term U-Pass is deactivated at the end of the day. Spring Term U-Pass will be required effective May 1, 2023.
May 1, 2023
Spring Term U-Pass is active. You will be able to activate your U-Pass on your phone after the start of the term (after 12:00am on May 1st for the Spring Term)
May 9, 2023
Last day to submit opt-out applications for eligible students enrolled in Spring Term, Quarter 1 & Quarter 2 (6 credit classes, May & June) and/or Quarter 1 (3 credit classes, May) classes. Completed online forms are due no later than 4:30 p.m.
June 5, 2023
Last day to submit opt out applications for qualified students enrolled in Spring Term, Quarter 2 (3 credit classes, June). Completed online forms are due no later than 4:30 p.m.
June 30, 2023
Spring Term U-Pass passes are deactivated at the end of the day. Summer Term U-Pass will be required effective July 1, 2023.
Setup Your Smartphone
1. Go to your phone’s app store and download the Saskatoon Transit mobile ticketing app, Transit Go (TGo)
|Link to Apple’s App Store|
|Link to Google Play Store|
2. Once you have downloaded and installed the app, follow these steps to create an account:
3. Open the Transit Go app and in the top right corner, click the three lines to be presented with the Utilities menu
4. Select “My Account”
5. Select “New account” if you haven’t created an account for the Transit Go app
6. Enter your Usask email address in this format firstname.lastname@example.org
It is very important that you use that email format, do not use email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not use the email@example.com format, PAWS will not recognize your account and your U-Pass will not be available on your phone.
Enter a password for your Transit Go account, we recommend not using the same password as your University accounts.
After entering your password a second time, select the “Create a new account” button.
7. Check your Usask email account (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a verification email from Saskatoon Transit. The email will be from email@example.com (if you don’t see it within 5 minutes, check your spam/junk folder)
8. You will need to click the Verify Account link in the email to complete your account creation setup
9. After you have verified your account, you can follow the next steps on “Load Your U-Pass”.
Load Your U-Pass
- Login to PAWS and go to the U-Pass portal paws.usask.ca/go/upass
- You will then be shown a list of term options available to you.
- If the system shows that you are not eligible for a U-Pass, you are either:
- not enrolled in classes for that term.
- only taking classes that do not have the U-Pass fee associated with them.
- If you are eligible for a U-Pass for a term, you will see an [Activate] button next to the list, click that button.
- Check your Your Saskatoon Transit Go app, your U-Pass will appear on your mobile phone in the in less than 3 minutes.
- If you don’t see the pass after that time, select the “My Passes” button in the app and press the refresh icon in the top right corner.
- You will then be able to activate your U-Pass on your phone after the start of the term (after 12:00am on January 1, 2023 for the Winter Term)