The University of Saskatchewan Students’ Union (USSU) is located on the University of Saskatchewan campus and owns and operates various operations and services. The USSU leases space to different on and off-campus tenants in the Place Riel Student Centre and the Memorial Union Building.
Under the direct supervision of the Head Janitor, the janitorial team is responsible for cleaning and minor maintenance & repair within the USSU facilities. This is a front-line customer service position with frequent contact with students in an environment of occasional interruptions, changing priorities, and numerous deadlines. The work involves heavy physical labour and working safely with cleaning agents and solvents.
Routine cleaning duties are performed daily, including but not limited to vacuuming, dusting, sweeping, garbage removal, cleaning all washrooms, sweeping and wet mopping floors & stairs, and ensuring the food court area is clean at all times. Janitors are also required to perform heavier work such as moving concrete chairs & other furniture, carpet and upholstery cleaning, floor stripping, waxing and other duties. Customer service and teamwork experience are essential. Applicants must be conscious of recycling and sustainability.
- Grade 12, Basic English reading; written and verbal communication skills at the appropriate level for the position.
Knowledge & Experience:
- 1 year of previous janitorial/custodial experience
- Ability to work with little or no supervision and as part of the janitorial team
- Constantly demonstrate initiative and discretion with the ability to prioritize
- Cover evening/weekend work if required
- Basic knowledge of cleaning equipment and/or tools needed to get jobs done
Hours of Work & Salary:
- Full-time starting salary: $3,313.43/month CUPE Union positions
- Full-time Hours of work – 7.6 hours/day 5 days/week: Tuesday through Saturday (day shift)
Send or email your resume on or before Monday, June 5, 2023.
Room 110, Place Riel
University of Saskatchewan
Saskatoon SK, S7N 5A3
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The USSU is dedicated to building an organization that reflects the diversity of all we serve. We recognize that we are strengthened by diversity and are committed to being an equal opportunity employer and creating an inclusive and diverse environment.
The USSU strives to provide an accessible and inclusive workplace through reasonable access and accommodations throughout the application and selection process. Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please notify us, and we will work together on the request.