U-Pass (Universal Transit Pass)
U-Pass offers students huge savings for transportation on Saskatoon Transit. U-Pass is mandatory for full and part-time undergraduate students at the U of S. Students with special circumstances may apply to the University of Saskatchewan Students Union (USSU) to opt-out of the U-Pass service.
Students in one or more of the following categories will be eligible for exemption: those living outside the city limits, those enrolled exclusively in distance education courses, those living in on-campus housing (Ogle Hall, Voyageur Place Residence, Lutheran Theological Seminary and St. Andrew’s), or those unable to ride the bus due to a disability.
Some benefits of using U-Pass and of using public transit:
- You pay less per month than the adult rate of $83 per month for an adult bus pass.
- Taking the bus reduces your carbon footprint and helps reduce pollution in general.
- Increased use of transit can reduce traffic on campus and in surrounding areas make them friendlier to pedestrians and cyclists.
- Transit provides access to most areas of the city, mitigating the need for cash-strapped students to own cars.
- You don’t have to pay for expensive parking on campus.
Term 2 U-Pass
November 28, 2016
Term 2 U-Pass stickers are available. Stickers can be picked up or reactivated at the Information Centre in Upper Place Riel.
* If you received a U-Pass sticker in the past you will be required to reactivate the sticker at the Information Centre. To avoid line ups, students should pick up or reactivate their sticker prior to January 3, 2017.
Undergraduate students who pick up their sticker before December 16 may enter to win an iPAD from the USSU.
November 28, 2016
Opt-Out applications may be submitted online to the USSU.
December 31, 2016
Term 1 U-Pass stickers are deactivated at the end of the day. Term 2 U-Pass will be required effective January 1, 2017.
January 1, 2017
Term 2 U-Pass stickers are activated. If you have received or reactivated your U-Pass sticker for Term 2, you will be able to access City Transit with your U-Pass.
January 17, 2017
Last day to apply for Term 2 Opt Outs. Completed online applications are due no later than 4:30 p.m.
April 30, 2017
Term 2 U-Pass stickers are deactivated at the end of the day.
To prevent fraudulent use of the U-Pass or the use of an invalid U-Pass and to protect the integrity of the U-Pass Program, Saskatoon Transit will have the right to request of any person using the U-Pass to provide additional proof of undergraduate student status at the University of Saskatchewan. The parties agree that any undergraduate student who cannot produce additional proof of undergraduate student status may be refused a ride.
Saskatoon Transit may, at its discretion, impose penalties, prosecute and/or confiscate a U-Pass sticker with no refund of payment if an undergraduate student enrolled in the U-Pass Program:
a. attempts to use a fraudulent U-Pass;
b. permits the use of a U-Pass by another or transfers a U-Pass to another; or
c. attempts to use an invalid U-Pass.