Your phone is now your U-Pass!
To use your smartphone as your U-Pass, follow these instructions:
Setup your smartphone:
- Make sure you have been assessed the U-Pass fee or have filled out the opt-in application and that you see the U-Pass fee on your student tuition account on PAWS.
- Go to your phone’s app store and download the Saskatoon mobile ticketing app, Transit Go (TGo)
Link to Apple’s App Store Link to Google Play Store
- Once you have downloaded and installed the app, follow these steps to create an account
- Open the Transit Go app and in the top right corner, click the three lines to be presented with the Utilities menu
- Select “My Account”
- Select “New account” if you haven’t created an account for the Transit Go app
- Enter your Usask email address in this format firstname.lastname@example.org
- It is very important that you use that email format, do not use email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not use that format, PAWS will not recognize your account and your U-Pass will not be available on your phone.
- Enter a password for your Transit Go account, we recommend not using the same password as your University accounts.
- After entering your password a second time, select the “Create a new account” button.
- Check your Usask email account (email@example.com) for a verification email from Saskatoon Transit. The email will be from firstname.lastname@example.org (if you don’t see it within 5 minutes, check your spam/junk folder)
- You will need to click the Verify Account link in the email to complete your account creation setup
- After you have verified your account, you can follow the next steps on PAWS.
Link your Transit App to your student account:
- Login to PAWS and go to the U-Pass portal paws.usask.ca/go/upass
- You will then be shown a list of term options available to you.
- If the system shows that you are not eligible for a U-Pass, you are either:
- not enrolled in classes for that term, so you wouldn’t be eligible
- not registered for on-campus classes (only taking remote/distance classes), in that case you would have to opt-in if you want the U-Pass
- your college/department may not have finalized the class delivery method (in-person/online) but will have done that closer to the start of the term
- If you are eligible for a U-Pass for a term, you will see an [Activate] button next to the list, click that button.
- Your U-Pass will appear on your mobile phone in the Saskatoon Transit Go app in less than 3 minutes.
- If you don’t see the pass after that time, select the “My Passes” button in the app and press the refresh icon in the top right corner.
- Your will then be able to activate your U-Pass on your phone after the start of the term (after 12:00am on July 1st for Summer term and after 12:00am on September 1st for Fall term)
Students taking remote delivery classes will not be automatically assessed, and opt-ins are required each term.
- Fill out the Opt-In Form
- Check your PAWS account to see if the assessment has been placed on your account. This could take up to four business days.
- Once you are assessed the fee follow the steps above to load your U-Pass onto your smartphone.
- The last day to Opt-In for Summer Term U-Pass is July 30, 2021.
If you have been assessed the U-Pass fee, normal parameters exist for opting out for students attending on-campus courses. Students may apply to opt-out of the U-Pass service if they qualify in one of the following categories: living outside the city limits, living in on-campus housing (Ogle Hall, Voyageur Place Residence, Lutheran Theological Seminary, and St. Andrew’s, (College Quarter residences are not eligible), or they are unable to ride the bus due to a disability.
Face masks (non-medical mask or cloth face-coverings) are mandatory in all indoor public spaces for faculty, staff, and students who have approved access or are required to be on campus.
If you are feeling unwell and/or showing signs of illness, you should self-isolate. Even if your illness and symptoms are not consistent with that of the COVID-19 virus, please stay home, monitor your symptoms, and reduce your contact with others:
- isolate yourself at home to avoid spreading it to others
- if you live with others, stay in a separate room or keep a 2-metre distance
- visit a health care professional or call your local public health authority
- call ahead to tell them your symptoms and follow their instructions
For more information regarding U-Pass, please email email@example.com
Summer Term (Quarters 3 & 4) Important Dates
June 28, 2021
Opt-In and Opt-Out applications may be submitted online to the USSU.
June 30, 2021
Spring Term U-Pass is deactivated at the end of the day. Summer Term U-Pass will be required effective July 1, 2021.
July 1, 2021
Summer Term U-Pass is active. If you have received or activated your U-Pass for the Summer Term, you can access Saskatoon Transit with your U-Pass.
July 9, 2021
Last day to submit opt-out applications for qualified students enrolled in Summer Term, Quarter 3, Quarter 4 (6 credit), and Quarter 3 (3 credit) classes. Completed online applications are due no later than 4:30 p.m.
July 28, 2021
Last day to submit opt-out applications for qualified students enrolled in Summer Term, Quarter 4 (3 credit classes). Completed online applications are due no later than 4:30 p.m.
July 30, 2021
Last day to submit opt-in applications for qualified students enrolled in Summer Term, Quarter 4 (3 credit classes). Completed online applications are due no later than 4:30 p.m.
August 31, 2021
Summer Term U-Pass is deactivated at the end of the day. Term 1 U-Pass will be required effective September 1, 2021.