When to get Insurance
Obtaining insurance is necessary in the following three cases:
- Events where alcohol is being served
- Events that have not been pre-approved by the USSU during ratification for general liability insurance
- Any other event that carries significant risk, such as sporting competitions
All insurance forms must be properly filled out and submitted to the USSU no less than two (2) weeks prior to the event.
Provincial Liquor Board Store
- Acquire your Special Occasions Permit
|Event Type||On Campus||Off Campus|
|Non-Alcohol Based Events||$0||$50|
|Alcohol Based Events||$50||$50 + $0.50/person|
- All insurance forms must be properly filled out and handed into the USSU no less than two (2) weeks prior to the event.
- The USSU will not temporarily hold partially filled insurance forms under any circumstances.
- The USSU reserves the right to withhold approval of events in conjunction with the insurer based on the nature and/or history of the event. If the event is not approved, the USSU will not extend its liability coverage for that specific event.
- The USSU refuses to provide insurance coverage relating to pub-crawls and beer nights.